11.16.2008

Super Bowl XLIII

Sweepstakes Title/Link - THE SPRINT SUPER BOWL SWEEPSTAKES

Prize(s) - 4 day/ 3 night trip for 2 to the Super Bowl in Tampa, FL.

End Date - December 31, 2008

Entry Frequency - 1x per person/email

Simone's Thoughts - I hate pro football; I am a college football fan. Since the rest of the US seems to love the pros - here is my gift to you. Now I probably wouldn't turn this trip down just because I could sell the tickets. However, if they just get you on some list to enter the Super Bowl, I wouldn't stomach the ARV (Approximate Retail Value = $10,000) for this experience. This brings up a good point to all of you who don't normally enter sweepstakes. Federal law requires that you pay income taxes on all wins over $10,000. Now this win does include $1,000 cash and depending upon your income, that may be enough to cover your taxes at the end of the year. Just remember that you are taking this trip in the end of Jan 09 and your taxes won't be due till April 2010. I don't know about you, but I would have a hard time saving that cash for over a year.

No comments: